The Celebrity Experience: Customers Are Always

Yesterday I had the opportunity to speak with Caroline Spencer, the owner of Wilsey Automotive in St. Petersburg, Florida. It was the first time I had met her - although she is mentioned in The Celebrity Experience. A friend had submitted a story that showed one example of Caroline's exceptional service.

However, meeting her yesterday I learned that there was much more to her red carpet service than is in the book. Caroline and her team have mastered the art of "and then some" and a culture of YES!

She told me, "I tell my employees that if someone comes in and wants a pound of butter, drive to the store and get them a pound of butter." Not bad service for an auto mechanic, eh? Not to mention her $10.00 a day rental cars and the fact that she's been known to pick up her customers at their homes if need be.

Over at Customers are Always, Maria Palma has some interesting observations about creating that type of culture. Some interesting discussion by her readers as well. Check it out.

Donna Cutting

No comments: